Friday 24 July 2015

French knots and a new WIP...

I had to spend an entire afternoon making french knots this week...                       

a tatted doily in progress... finished five rounds so far...                   

a chain stitch filling which is a part of a sampler stitched for a beginner class...                    

You all know that I am a terrible photographer... so I have been trying to learn how to take better photographs and also trying to understand my camera better for the past few days...                   
                   


Happy stitching!
Anita

8 comments:

margaret said...

your stitching is so even and perfectly done. Photos look good to me, I have my camera set on auto as I do not understand all it can do!

Rachel said...

You've got a great close-up of those French knots - I think you're getting along well with your camera now!

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Your pictures look really good as well as all your embroidery.

Séverine said...

Your tatted dolly is beautful and your 2 photos are very successful, I wonder what flowers you've photographed

crazyQstitcher said...

Fabulous French Knots, Anita and your photography is great.
I should take lessons from you.

You have much patience with the tatting and the chain stitched leaf is so neatly made.

nsangheetha said...

Love those french knots Anita. All of them are uniform and perfect :-)

Your photos and tutorials are always neat and crisp. I love the way you capture the stitches. Great going. :-)

Anonymous said...

Please, what is that plant in the last photograph? The red blossom looks like it's growing its own caterpillar - I love it!

Anita said...

@magpiestitcher - Sorry, I don't know the name of the plant.I'll try to find out from the gardener and let you know.Yes,the caterpillar flower is beautiful :-)