Wednesday 18 November 2015

white block #1

I've always wanted to make a white patchwork quilt with little bit of colour but didn't know where to start so this idea went back to the sketch book.After a year and lots of doodles,scrambled ideas,sketches I came to a conclusion that if I don't start it now then I'll never do it. I've decided to use white fabric scraps from my dresses..so I guess this will be a sort of memory quilt.

Here is the first block...
                    


top half of the block-crocheted circle with some french knots,kantha stitches and pleats,fly stitches..
                   

bottom half of the block-pin tuck,piping,bullion loops, needle lace, a shisha mirror, blanket stitches,sheaf stitches,ribbed wheel,cross stitches,herringbone with running stitches over a seam...
                 

close-ups
                



Happy stitching!
Anita

8 comments:

Séverine said...

Your block is lovely, I love the little bit of color.

Rachel said...

This will be a fascinating quilt to look at, remember the dresses and where you wore them, and with whom...

crazyQstitcher said...

This will be a lovely memory quilt. It's both feminine and a record of stitches learned.
Very delicate. Love it!

margaret said...

this is going to be so lovely and will be a joy to watch your progress

Ranjana's craft blog said...

Very nice. This reminds me the cloths I have kept to make quilt. As you said, if I don't' start now I will not be able to do it ever. Thanks

Stitching Lady said...

Oh yes, " I will be watching you" ---- there exists a song like that?! I am keen to see more.

letslearnembroidery said...

It's lovely, Anita

Wendy said...

Anita, this is just lovely! I love the concept behind it and what you've done so far is beautiful. I'll enjoy watching you stitch this one!