Saturday, 26 January 2013

embellishing experience.....


I've always been a sane quilter, have made a couple of crazy blocks for bags but have only little embellishing experience. I thought I should do CQ this year and this is what I did…

                                       
I didn't have any plans when I started this block.  I'd decided to choose a simple piecing and small block (6 inches). Even though there are no specific rules I've decided to stick to a theme, sketch my ideas and then start embellishing when I do my next block so that I can practice sketching too.
I've made a few more blocks and will share my learning experience with y’all.
Many of you are experienced crazy quilters and am looking forward to hear from you.…

Have a great week end!
Happy stitching!
Anita.

15 comments:

Preeti said...

Well, I am not an experienced quilter rather not a quilter at all but would like to tell you that your block is very creative and beautifully done:) I especially liked the border embroideries on the joins and the standing flowers are cute!
I am losing touch with my embroidery but seeing such beautiful things I start craving for trying one:)

Suztats said...

I'm not that experienced with CQing yet, Anita, but I LOVE what you've done with this block! It feels light, airy, and brings to mind spring with sunshine and flowers. Your stitching is fine and dainty. Very nice!

margaret said...

oh yes Anita this is looking great, your stitching is lovely. I like that you have put your initial in the centre block.

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

All I can say is that you are a natural. Glad you are joining in with the rest of us crazies. Everything about this block is perfect. Great choice in colors and your stitching is beautifully done. I can't wait to see the rest!

deanna7trees said...

you did a beautiful job. i see you plan ahead. i never plan just decide 'on the go' but either way works.

liniecat said...

Not experienced but I do know what I like lol Id say youve dun well gal !

Mosaic Magpie said...

Love the initial in the center...it gives a great focal point. I also like how the flowers lead your eye around the block. Great work!
Deb

My Little Corner said...

Wow! It's lovely, very nice!

Shami Immanuel said...

Beautiful piece Anita. Embellishment with the stitches makes it perfect. Looking for more pieces.

Shami.
www.shamiatcraft.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Anita, I missed your posts, every week I visit and return dejected.

I liked the tatted five petal flower and their placement .

Good job:)))

Prashanti

Anita said...

Thank you all :)

l'alternativa said...

Io non sono una quilter, ma trovo il tuo lavoro stupendo, gli accoppiamenti sono fantastici, baci
Emi

Jeito Mineiro de Ser said...

Ei, Anita!
Lindos trabalhos! Parabéns!
Um abraço!

Egléa Senna

Anita said...

Muito obrigado por seus comentários agradáveis ​​e visitar o meu blog Egléa Senna.

ina said...

I've never done CQ but this is inspiring.