Monday, 3 February 2014

Sal 2014 ? Openwork and challenges!

My friend and I are throwing art challenges at each other this year to help us come out of our comfort zone...atleast that is what we think.My January challenge was to create something using only black,white,grey,greenish grey and red.I decided to do a cq block because I have very little cq experience and this is what I came up with.
                                                 

I would like to wait and see what the other challenges are before I do motifs on this block.If I end up making more blocks then I'd like to see if some of them look good together and then I'm planning to embellish them with motifs or pick a theme..What do you think,did I manage to do a decent job or not?
I'm pretty sure none of the challenges will be anywhere near my comfort zone because my friend knows me very well.
I need all your help and advice with cq but please don't tell my friend that you all helped me :)

Speaking of the comfort zone...
I've been stitching yards of openwork last week..yet it is no where close to the finish line :(
                                        

I need a cover for both my iPad and kindle.. so out came the paper,pencils,planner,ledger etc.My first plan was to do an Indian embroidery,next one was a to draw a simple but an effective design with variety of stitch applications but with limited colors.After I finished the rough sketching part of the design process I decided the embroidery technique..
                                     

Guess what? It is kantha embroidery. For the next few weeks I'll be showing the progress of this kantha project..So if you want to stitch-along or follow-along this project with me please do either send me an e-mail at artisticfingers2012@gmail.com or leave a comment with your e-mail id here and I'll e-mail you the transfer pattern .

Happy stitching! And don't forget to let me know if you interested in this SAL.
Anita.


17 comments:

Shirlee Fassell said...

I need a new cover for my ipad so I would love to try to add another project to the list.... e-mail me at patshirlee@verizon.net
Thanks
Shirlee

deanna7trees said...

too many irons in the fire right now so i'll just watch you this time. great start on the cq block. there are lots of images on google for more ideas.

Suztats said...

Anita, I would love to do a SAL with you, but right now I'm sort of over-booked. I know I wouldn't be able to keep up with the other obligations I have right now, but I shall enjoy watching your progress!

Shami Immanuel said...

Nice block Anita.

I am interested in joining with you for SAL.I am interested to do kantha embroidery.
My email id is:

isseelan@yahoo.com

Thanks for the sAL that too in Kantha work.

margaret said...

you have been busy Anita, love the crazy block, think you will get hooked on these once you get going, check out the CQJP 2013 for lots of ideas, there has not been much put on the 2014 one yet.
A lovely piece of hardanger.
Wonder what the covers will be like for your next project

l'alternativa said...

Quanto lavori? Bravissima Anita, mi piace quest'idea della sfida. Non posso darti consigli perchè non ho mai fatto lavori di patch, ma a vederlo posso dirti che mi piace. Aspetto i progressi. Buon lavoro!!!
Un abbraccio
Emi

anu said...

Count me in,Anita...my email id is apumaaa@gmail.com

Hobby Sewer said...

Hi Anita,

Please include me in the SAL. Its going to be very slow progress from my end...but I would like to participate. My email is hobbysewer@gmail.com

Anuradha Prem said...

i am happy to join ...so count me ....
anuradha.pk@gmail.com

Silke said...

please email me: silke.hi@gmx.de
thanks
silke

Gembirdie said...

Hi Anita - I love the openwork you're doing at the moment. I can't wait to see the whole project. You have so many ideas - hats off!

Isabelle

vijay kumar said...

dear anita, I love all ur works. I missed ur previous sal but now I am eager to join with you in this and try my best out of it & email id is sanvijay1312@gmail.com
thanks

nsangheetha said...

Hi Anita,
I would like to participate in the SAL. My gmail id is n.sangheetha@gmail.com

Erica said...

I don't have an ipad - yet! But I would like to join in the SAL please.

namaerica@gmail.com

Thanks for the opportunity.

GEETHA'S CREATIONS said...

HI ANITHA

I WISH TO JOIN TH SAL MY ID is geethajose.jose@gmail.com

Revathi said...

It would be nice to learn another Indian embroidery with you. Count me in and thanks for the SAL
Revathi at revathi33@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I also wish to join your SAL.
My ID is vinithabm@rediffmail.com
Thankyou!!!!!!!!!