Friday 17 April 2015

more weaving and embroidery....

It's good to be back with some new projects to share :-)
My weaving experiments are going great and I tried some spinning as well which was totally fun..             
As of now me and my friend are trying to pick up the nuances of warping a loom..

My mother wanted to do a bit of recycling old clothes..            
so we are weaving a mat out of an old saree..

I've started a new freestyle embroidery project which will be suitable for a beginner level class..may be I'll open my studio doors for beginners this summer..                   

I've planned to use shades of red with little yellow ochre and black and a wide variety of stitches..Hope my stylized horse will look handsome :-(

A new cross stitch project..It's an anchor DIY kit which I'd bought 8 years back..too bad I didn't finish it,right?                 
It's a kind of floral wreath/garland pattern but I don't know how this will turn out because there is no color photograph in the kit,only black and white chart is included..so it's going to be a kind of mystery project..

Happy stitching!
Anita

7 comments:

Wendy said...

What kind of spinning did you do? On a wheel or with a drop spindle? I learnt to spin on a drop spindle but haven't done it for years. The weaving looks like good fun, that's something I've never tried. I look forward to seeing your embroidery too, and the mystery cross stitch!

Rachel said...

You have got a very interesting selection of projects there! Good luck with the mystery kit!

deanna7trees said...

it's wonderful to be busy with such fun projects.

crazyQstitcher said...

I'm sure a mystery graph will be interesting to see develop and tempting to keep you ready to do the next stitch or colour.

crazyQstitcher said...

I've not seen that sort of weaving frame.
I've never heard of weaving re-cycled fabric either. Something to be learned every day. I look forward to see the result of the mat.

Your horse looks a joyful project for beginners.

Suztats said...

Fun to see different projects you've been working on. Have fun with the mystery kit.

letslearnembroidery said...

Your horse looks handsome