Wednesday 7 January 2015

blue threads and more laces..

I'm working on the roses and leaves inside the inner frame of the blue/white cross stitch project and this is where it is right now.                                      

Also started a knitted aster doily from McCall's needlework treasury book.It's a round doily and I've finished about 1/3rd of the doily                                   

I've crocheted some laces too ..the white lace is attached to a towel and the bands are for a pillow.                            

                             
    

Both the patterns are from Ondori lace book.
A foggy view from my balcony :-)                            

I took this photo yesterday morning around 8 and the photo below was taken few months back from the same angle..                              
I've transferred the pattern onto the fabric for a new crewel embroidery project..more on that next time.
Happy stitching!
Anita.

6 comments:

Wendy said...

the cross stitch is looking lovely. Wow, knitting a doily, this is a time consuming project! I really like your lace, I must crochet some myself

Shami Immanuel said...

All u'r projects are really beautiful. I like the lace border and bands. Neatly done. The place u resides looks like Karunya university(Coimbatore) where I studied. I usually remember my college days whenever u post pictures taken from your balcony.

crazyQstitcher said...

My word, you have been busy Anita. The rose is coming on nicely.
It will be interesting to see more of the doiley.
You have more patience than me to do such a big piece for crochet edges, which are all so lovely.

A foggy morning usually predicts a lovely day. That is a lot of fog in the photo.

deanna7trees said...

i love the round, knitted doilies but not fond of knitting with double point needles. that blue and white is so appealing. i might have to do something in blue and white, inspired by you.

Suztats said...

Looks like all your needles have been humming, Anita. Lovely projects.

letslearnembroidery said...

A Happy belated New Year to you.I really like the blue/white cross stitch - it looks vintage.Fog?It's really cold in the morning that I find it difficult to wake up!